Veterinary Pet Insurance - Do not use nationwide pet insurance

2.5
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I have had them when they were VIP. I’ve paid over 100,000 over the years.

I called to cancel all 6 policies starting September. They canceled on the day I called not September. Denying a claim in August. Now I’m told you can’t cancel ahead of the date.

Of course you can’t speak with a supervisor because she might be busy. Stay away from this company.

Review about: Veterinary Pet Insurance Claim Nationwide Pet Insurance.

Veterinary Pet Insurance - Crooks crooks crooks

Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

just do yourself a favor cancel.

Do not pay them anymore you won't get any money back.

They don't cover anything: IT IS A PRE EXISTING CONDITION are their famous lines.

they are so unhelpful and uncaring, it makes me mad.

I paid for too long so that they did not care to not have my services any more.

There are plenty of people who go around signing up for their pets well been, only to find out that they will have to pay all over again. It is maddening..

This company is unprofessional and all they do is still our money.

Please don't waste your time and go to some other company.

Review about: Veterinary Pet Insurance Pet Insurance.

I didn't like: Uncaring.

Veterinary Pet Insurance - The worst dog insurance around.

Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Nationwide (petinsurance.com) are unprofessional, uncaring and unwilling to help.

My dog was young when we started the insurance and still they said that my dogs ear infection was a pre-existing condition and they would not cover it.

The first time I took my dog there for allergies they said it was associated with the ear infection and therefore it was also a pre-existing condition....NOT covered under their policy.

That insurance is a waste of money, I suggest you save the 59.00 dollars a month for premium and pay the Veterinarian for any service because Nationwide will manage to get out of the claims and you still have to come up with ALL THE MONEY that the Vet's visit will cost. Bullshit

Good luck to the poor people that still trust this terrible company which takes advantage of dog lovers like me.

Save your money and you will be happier. Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit

Review about: Claims Pet Policy C-1893621.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Absolute worse, Being denied all my claims, Coverage.

Veterinary Pet Insurance - Disgusted

July 2018

I was shocked at the uncaring and unprofessional process of receiving claims. I have been a member since 2000 and have had a number of issues with very low amounts provided to me for different claims.

I have called and spoken with supervisors but this last one was so heartbreaking I do not even want to put myself through this stress. My dog was hospitalized, had tests and x-rays along with IV fluids then without any change in his condition, had to be euthanized. The amount of my claim was $1,200 and they had the nerve to process the claim for a mere $145. I am disgusted with this company and if there are animals in my future, you can be sure I will never use this company again and I will let everyone know in the large dog community I belong to on social media, just how bad they really are.

Judging from the reviews I have seen, I know I am not the only one that feels this way.

Hopefully they will be out of the business soon so they cannot rip others off as they have done to me. Sad

Review about: Veterinary Pet Insurance Claim.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Veterinary Pet Insurance - Horrible customer experience

Insurance Plans Acceptance

We got Nationwide pet insurance through my work. Our dog started scratching really bad do we took him to the vet where he was diagnosed with allergies.

Nationwide refused to pay because it was a pre existing condition? He was diagnosed after we had pet insurance how is that pre existing?

These people are crooks and don’t care about pets. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Review about: Veterinary Pet Insurance Pet Insurance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Yes, this company is horrible. I agree with everyone, and we are all going through the same thing. Talked to an attorney on Friday who went through the same thing as we all have.I am filing a complaint with California Insurance commissionerAs he advised.Anyone for a class action lawsuit?They should be put out of business.I

AdorableHimalayan146
to Shawn Street #1559689

Same thing happened to me

Veterinary Pet Insurance - Waste of money

had it for 9 years. the one time the vet cost me $1,000 for visits for a back pain the paid me $4.00 DO NOT WASTE UR MONEY

Veterinary Pet Insurance - VPI refuses to cover 2nd TPLO Surgery

2.1

A few months ago, my German Shpeherd was diagnosed with a torn ACL. She had surgery to repair it and VPI covered a majority of the cost.

The surgery was around $4k and I was reimbursed around $3k for it. However 6 weeks into her recovery period, we are doing her rehab exercises and her other ACL blows out. The poor pup was so miserable. She underwent surgery on the other leg and I get the bill, again it was $4k.

Well, VPI must not understand that there is a left and a right because they refused to cover the other leg as we already exceeded the limit on the first surgery. Extremely disappointed with VPI especially when the evidence from many studies show that a dog with a torn ACL is more than 60% likely to tear the other leg.

Review about: Vpi Pet Insurance Major Medical Pet Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Very good customer service, Make you feel like a valued customer.

I didn't like: Sense of bait and switch, Coverage.

Veterinary Pet Insurance - Don’t get Ripped Off by Nationwide

Have had policies on all my dogs for many years. The reason is the same as most people to avoid a catastrophic event.

After nearly 10 years my dog had a biopsy performed on nodules on his liver and as a result something was punctured leaking bile into the abdominal requiring emergency surgery to save his life. I submitted the bill I paid to the insurance carrier (we have the Superior Plan) and out of $6150 they paid $1035. My plan pays 90% after a $50 deductible, but that is based on a schedule not on what the vet bills you. I don’t know anyone that can look at a payment schedule and understand that it is nowhere close to what a reasonable vet will charge you.

Too late on my older two dogs, but I have a new puppy and just signed her up with Healthy Paws. Don’t make the same mistake as we did!

Review about: Superior Plan And Careguard Core For Wellness.

I didn't like: Coverage.

Veterinary Pet Insurance - DON'T BUY

1.1

So mad right nowMy French Bulldog went to the vet on June 11, 2017 and was diagnosed with a UTI infection. I talked to Nationwide and they said yes covered.

Cystitis $900 Ultrasound $440. I was like Yah it can go toward my deductible. She went back August 11 for a grecheck. If Nationwide had not been taking there time and trying to find a reason to not pay my first vet visit then it would have been processed before going back a month later August 11.

Went back a third time August 22nd. Had surgery for recessed Vulva Sept 29. I knew that would not be paid since that just so happens to be one of the MILLION things the policy does not pay. I feel like they should have paid the first three visits since she was not actually diagnosed with th recessed vulva until after those visits.

They took there time though waiting for the excuse to not pay. Nationwide wins. I don't and I'm canceling today because I know in the future the chances of getting them to pay a claim is so slim!!!!!

Do not waste your money on this insurance. The premiums you pay each month can be saved to go toward your pet if something were to happen!!

Review about: Vpi Pet Insurance Major Medical Pet Insurance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Veterinary Pet Insurance - Always fighting claims

1325 CO-2, Denver, CO 80222, USA 0 comments
2.4

Update by user Sep 22, 2017

VPI request additional information on almost every claim filed, even when it was for an ongoing condition. This was all unreasonable extra work to get a claim settled.

Customer service was very difficult to reach a human. The only claim that wasn't challenged was when I had to have my dog euthanized.

How very generous of them. Anyone who is looking for pet insurance, I tell them to avoid VPI.

Original review posted by user Sep 18, 2017

I was repeated required to get 'more info' from the vet on each claim I filed. Even when the claim was for the same condition, they still wanted more info on the minute details for the treatment, they same medications.

Even when the extra info requested was sent to them, they took weeks before I would receive a check for reimbursement. They fought settling claims tooth and nail (excuse the puns). The rates got higher every year and trying to reach someone on the phone was almost impossible. The only unquestioned claim they ever covered was when I had to let my beloved service dog go.

They covered my claim for euthanasia.

How magnanimous of them. I would suggest for anyone looking for health insurance for their pet to keep looking!

Review about: Vpi Pet Insurance Claim.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Fair reviews of claims..

I didn't like: Being denied all my claims.