Just cancelled my policy for 3 dogs! VPI has horrible customer service, and makes you jump through hoops to get anything covered.

My one claim was not handled in a satisfactory manner, and their customer service reps are trained to say "we do not agree with your assessment." I spoke with 2 other pet insurance companies and was told by all three that they would have handled my situation differently, and would have covered my (one) claim. There are SO many other, reputable companies out there, and I suggest that everyone do their research!

Details are that I took our oldest to the vet for an allergy (he had never been seen for allergies in the past) and VPI rejected claim, saying it was a pre-existing condition. Back in 2011, he was seen for a pyroderma, which is a skin infection, NOT an allergy. VPI lumped it into one category so they wouldn't have to cover it.

I have since spoken with 3 other pet insurance companies who all said they would have handled these claims separately, and they would NOT have labeled it a pre-existing condition.

Now, we are screwed, because when we signed up for with a new company, we had to tell them about the new allergy. Nice!

Review about: Veterinary Pet Insurance Claim.

Comments